top of page

What are some ways I can obtain a Green Card in the United States?

There are many different ways to obtain a green card. Here are 6 ways to obtain permanent residence (Green Card) in the United States.

Obtaining a green card, which grants lawful permanent residency in the United States, can be achieved through various avenues. Here are some common ways to obtain a green card:

  1. Employment-Based Green Card: You may qualify for a green card if you have a job offer from a U.S. employer who is willing to sponsor your application. The employer must generally go through a labor certification process to demonstrate that there are no qualified U.S. workers available for the position. If you are interested in applying for this path to residency, call Tulip, PLLC today!

  2. Family-Based Green Card: If you have close family members who are U.S. citizens or green card holders, they may be able to sponsor you for a green card. Immediate relatives (spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21) have the highest priority, while other relatives have specific preference categories. If you want to explore this path to residency, please reach out to our office today.

  3. Diversity Visa Lottery: The U.S. government conducts an annual Diversity Visa (DV) lottery program that randomly selects applicants from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. If you are selected, you may be eligible to apply for a green card. If this pathway to residency pertains to you, contact us.

  4. Refugee or Asylum Status: If you have been granted asylee status, you are eligible to apply for a Green Card, one year after receiving your grant of asylum. If you have fled your home country due to persecution or fear of persecution, you may be eligible for asylum. Reach out to our offices today to discuss the details of your unique circumstances .

  5. Investment-Based Green Card: Through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, you can obtain a green card by making a significant investment in a qualifying U.S. business that creates or preserves jobs for U.S. workers. If you are interested in this pathway to residency, contact us today!

  6. Special Programs: There are specific programs that offer green cards to individuals in certain occupations or circumstances. Examples include the Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, which is available to certain abused, abandoned, or neglected children, and the "VAWA" (Violence Against Women Act) self-petition, which allows certain victims of domestic violence to apply for a green card.

It's important to note that the eligibility requirements, application processes, and waiting times can vary depending on the specific category. Consulting with an immigration attorney is recommended to understand the options and requirements that apply to your situation. At Tulip, PLLC, our attorneys are ready, willing, and able to assist you in your journey to peace of mind and stability in your day to day life.


If you are interested in a specific topic, add a comment and we will make a post about it.

17 views0 comments


bottom of page